Ansford Parish Council consists of 7 councillors. Due to COVID 19 all our meetings are being held via Zoom conference calls.
Clerk to the Council is Angela Roberts … contact here.
The chairman of the council : Councillor Chris Edwards
- The council representative for Caryford Hall: Councillor: Barbara Williams
- The council representative for Fairfield: Councillor: Chris Edwards
- Councillor representative to the neighbourhood planning group; Councillor: Nigel Begg
- Council adviser on historical Issues within the parish: Councillor : Geoff Clothier
- Councillor with responsibility for internal financial review: Councillor : Diana Pinnons
The role of the Parish Council
Ansford Parish Council is a corporate body with various roles, responsibilities and duties:
- To represent the views of the community
- To support activity in the community
- To provide relevant services to the community where it has a legal power or duty to do so.
- To hold at least four meetings a year
- To appoint a Clerk to carry out the Council’s functions
- To manage the Council’s finances in line with accounts and audit regulations and appoint a responsible financial officer (RFO). For Ansford, the Clerk is also the RFO.
- To maintain a Freedom of Information Act publication scheme
- To consider the impact of their decisions on Crime and Disorder
- To follow the requirements of the Equalities Act 2010
- To consider biodiversity
- To consider the health and safety of the public and council employees
- To act in accordance with the law
- To elect a chairman
- To be a good employer
ANSFORD PARISH COUNCIL HAVE VACANCY FOR A
If you would like to get actively involved with local issues and help with our plans to improve essential facilities for our parishioners, we would welcome your assistance.
Our current and long-term objectives are now being formulated, in preparation for an increasing number of new homes in our neighbourhood, and this will require an expansion of local amenities and services, to serve the needs and aspirations of all age-groups within our community.
With your help, Ansford Council could then provide more resources in which to plan some important improvements to local infrastructure projects, such as Road Safety/Transport links, Recreation & Leisure and Health & Social Well-being. Another crucial matter we are keen to develop, is the care and maintenance of the local Environment, and to encourage people to help with a variety of small-scale rural projects.
By joining our small team of councillors, we can set our sights on a greener and more sustainable place in which to live, for the benefit and satisfaction of all our parishioners.
Monthly Council Meetings are usually held at Caryford Hall. However, depending on future Covid-19 restrictions, there may be times when Meetings may have to be held using Zoom conferencing. Please see our website for updated notifications.
Please Contact : Angela Roberts, Parish Clerk: 07969 399 559